Saturday, July 3, 2010

Staying focused

It's eleven o'clock at night and everyone's in bed here in Hailey, Idaho. Since it's Saturday, I was thinking today about church tomorrow. There are Baptist and Episcopal churches within a block of my son's house, so I figured I'd catch a service at one of them.

Then my daughter-in-law came around and told us that they thought it would be nice to have the family all have breakfast out tomorrow at about nine o'clock so that we could be ready for the 4th of July parade down Main Street. Of course, there is the City Fair and the Old-Time Western Days program tomorrow, and it also happens to be my granddaughter Sophie's first birthday.

"WWJD?" I asked myself.

I suspect He would advise me to take advantage of the opportunity to spend an extra hour with my grandchildren, my son, and my daughter-in-law. I only get to do that a couple of times a year.

I think I might be forgiven for missing church tomorrow. Besides, I can always offer an extra prayer of thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment